뒤로

Tracy Grimshaw lashes out after her image is used in weight loss scam > 자유게시판

Tracy Grimshaw lashes out after her image is used in weight loss scam

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Lamar Heritage
댓글 0건 조회 11회 작성일 24-04-21 19:38

본문

Tracy Grimshaw has slammed online scammers who have used her voice and image in a fake ad promoting diet gummies.

The 63-year-old TV veteran took to Instagram on Wednesday to warn her fans and followers about the dodgy campaign appearing on social media platforms like Facebook.

Grimshaw included a screen shot from the fake video in her post, which features a computer-generated image of the former A Current Affair host holding a jar of 'Keto gummies' and smiling.

The 'ad' also features text in broken English supposedly 'quoting' Grimshaw, which reads: 'I'm going back on TV after [sic] lose 20 kilos.'

An irate Grimshaw said it was the second time in six months she has been targeted by scammers flogging an identical product.

Tracy Grimshaw has slammed online scammers who have used her voice and image in a fake ad promoting diet gummies 

The 63-year-old TV veteran took to Instagram on Wednesday to warn her fans and followers about the dodgy campaign appearing on social media platforms like Facebook  

Grimshaw included a screen shot from a fake video in her post, which features a computer-generated image of the former A Current Affair host holding a jar of 'Keto gummies' and smiling 

She also 'saluted' Australia's richest woman Gina Rinehart in her post, after the mining magnate penned a scathing letter to Mark Zuckerberg over the issue of AI-generated scam advertisements on Facebook.

Grimshaw also thanked famed Australian entrepreneur Dick Smith for signing the Zuckerberg letter. 

Smith and Rinehart and many other celebrities have fallen victim to AI-generated fake ads over the past five years.

'Let me say it again. **This is a scam*** I'm not flogging gummies,' Grimshaw said her lengthy post.

'I have zero sponsorship or advertising deals with anybody. Zero. So I'm not flogging anything. Ever. 

'The online video on Instagram and FB that this screengrab comes from includes AI generated images and voiceover purporting to be me. It's a fraud. 

'Do not be taken in by this please. I salute the efforts of Gina Rinehart and Dick Smith who are now bringing their considerable intellectual and financial clout to petitioning Mark Zuckerberg to step up and shut down these scams that are defrauding millions of people around the world at a time of high inflation and economic hardship.'

Former Sunrise host David Koch has also been victim to online scammers, along with the breakfast shows current host Natalie Barr.

Grimshaw, who retired from A Current Affair in November 2022, is known for keeping a low profile - this is the second time in six months the TV veteran has been targeted by scammers

Both have appeared in fake news stories, which are linked to cryptocurrency scams. 

In 2018, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) issued a  warning to viewers and included a list of Australian celebrities whose names and images have been used to endorse products in fake ads.

The list includes superstar Cate Blanchett, Nine's Deborah Knight, pop legend Delta Goodrem, former Studio 10 star Jessica Rowe and shock jock Kyle Sandilands.

Also listed as victims of scammers were former Project star Lisa Wilkinson, Hollywood legend Nicole Kidman, Viaciaxx fruchtgummis Bewertung and Logie winner Sonia Kruger.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.